Aquasprite Theme Demo

Smithfield Public School: 1a. In the Beginning

Friday, July 30, 2010 , Posted by Sandy Fussell at 10:31 PM

Hi everyone, If you want to download the spreadsheet with all your first line finds - and like me do a tick and flick to see which ones would make you read on - click on the post heading to open up the full post first and click here.


My favourite line was one from Erico and Dylan "Zane tried to kill the cat when it arrived". I went to the Internet to get a picture of the cover to post. When I read the blurb I found out who Zane is. What a clever first line! It tricked me.

Currently have 12 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    Rostom;
    Using 'tick and flick' I found some books that I haven't read before but now I am interested in reading them.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Veronica;
    A great idea to find out about new books.

  1. Anonymous says:

    James E;
    I found that it is a fun and easier way to find out about interesting books.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Ike;
    I found that I had MORE ticks than FLICKS using the tick and flick on the list.
    It was fun.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Dennis;
    I got 37 flicks. I don't read that much because I don't have many books at home.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Zak;
    I have more TICKS than FLICKS. I like to read at home, comics. I read 'The Phantom' because my Gran has a whole heap of 'The Phantom' comics from when she was a kid.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Charlotte;
    Using tick and flick I found 'Sticky Beak' by M. Gleitzman which looks interesting. I wouldn't have thought about it before but now that I have read the first sentence it looks interesting.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Erico;
    I found that using the tick and flick I could find more books that are interesting to me because I can look at the first sentence and not just the book cover. Some book covers are just too plain.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Sonali;
    Using tick and flick I had 28 ticks and they all look interesting. I am going to read them!

  1. Anonymous says:

    Dylan;
    I had more ticks than flicks. The books I like are not as interesting as the ones I ticked. My interests must be changing after reading the first line of the book?

  1. It's good to see lots of people had more ticks than flicks. A friend is an excellent place to get a book recommendation - often because your friends like books about the same sort so things or they know what you are interested in.

  1. DENNIS, I'm glad to see you found a few ticks even if it was mostly flicks. I didn't have many books at home either. When I was 10 I only had two books. I remember one was about Wizards (long before Harry Potter!!!) and the other was about mermaids. All the books I read - except for two *smile* came from the library.